HoD® - HEART OF DRILLING
DEEP WELL DRILLING MADE EASY WITH THE HoD® (HEART OF DRILLING)
Deep well drilling often comes with challenges such as long drilling cycles, low rate of penetration, high cost, and continuous circulation issues. To mitigate these challenges, Drillmec as an innovative and solution-driven company developed the HoD® (Heart of Drilling). The HoD® is a drilling package that combines continuous circulation, flow rate monitoring, and anti-friction to deliver enhanced drilling performance while supporting the highest HSE standards.
The HoD® is designed to maintain constant wellbore drilling fluid circulation when drilling and tripping in and out of the well. Additionally, it aids continuous cuttings transportation and optimizes mud properties, therefore improving ROP and reducing NPT. It also helps to equalize bottom hole pressure which reduces ECD fluctuations thereby aiding kick prevention.
MAIN FEATURES OF HEART OF DRILLING
These are mounted on top of the drill pipe stands and integrate a Drillmec’s special, patented lateral valve that ensures the presence of two independent safety barriers between the mud pressure inside and the outside.
Operated on the HMI, it controls the sub-side port automatic opening and closing.
Ensures seamless and swift mud flow-switching from the top drive to the sub-side port and vice versa without flow rate variations. It is 5,000 -7,500 psi pressure rated and 1,200 gpm max flow rate.
Allows the operator to easily operate and control different processes related to pipe connections without mudflow interruptions with the aid of controls by a PLC.
Complete support for installation, operations, maintenance, training, and spare parts.
APPLICATIONS OF HoD®
You can find HoD® in many drilling operations such as:
• High-Pressure High-Temperature wells (HP/HT wells).
• Conventional Drilling with hole stability problem.
• Highly Deviated and Horizontal wells (ERD).
• Geothermal Drilling.
• Deep and Ultra-Deepwater activities.
• Narrow Pore Pressure/Fracture Gradient Window Drilling.
BENEFITS OF HoD® CONTINUOUS CIRCULATION SYSTEM
• Drillmec’s proprietary sub-based solution, ensures high safety while delivering continuous circulation.
• The flow-switching sequence during connections is controlled remotely from the HMI.
• The HoD® subs are designed to guarantee a double safety barrier in the well and on the rig floor.
• Drilling difficult formations with narrow pore/frac pressure windows are supported.
• HMI enabled real-time monitoring and control.
• Maintains constant ECD along with the entire drilling phase while drilling and tripping.
• Maintains steady bottom hole temperature.